Village of Elmwood
Board of Trustees Regular Meeting
The Village of Elmwood Board of Trustees met in Regular Session on Wednesday, August 7, 2019 at the Elmwood Village Hall. The meeting was called to order at 7:04 pm. Vice-Chairperson Ernst stated that a current copy of the Nebraska Open Meetings Act was posted; additional meeting documents were available. Roll Call was answered by David Ernst, Becky Kicak, and Kathy Goerlitz. Miki Bruns and Pat Wray were absent All signed the “Notice of Acknowledgement of Meeting”. A copy of the proof of publication, as well as the Chairperson and Trustees’ acknowledgement of receipt of notice, are on file. Notice of the meeting was given, in advance, thereof by posting in three (3) public places (the Post Office, Village Office, and Elmwood Convenience Store). Minutes were taken by Kristen Janssen, Clerk.
Approval of July 17 minutes Motion to approve by Kicak, second Goerlitz.
RCV: Yes: Ernst and Kiack; No: None; Abstained: Goerlitz Absent: Wray & Bruns Motion was approved 2-0.
Approval of Claims Motion to approve bills to be paid and payroll in the amounts presented by Goerlitz, Second Kicak. RCV Yes: Goerlitz, Kiack, and Ernst; No: None; Abstain: Motion approved 3-0. Payroll: $6,823.46. Cass County Refuse: $74.00, Clark Enerson Partners: $1752.25, Core & Main: $1566.02, Fairbury Flag Lady: $80.95, Grainger: $110.80, NMPP: $236.17, Office Depot: $281.53, OPPD: $3019.94, United States Treasury: $5608.54, Utility Service CO $2,438.09, WireBuilt: $29.00
1. Marie Gregoire presented a bid from Christiansen tree service for trimming 2 trees, removing 2 trees and removing the root-balls on those 2 trees. It was what was expected for price. Kicak motioned with a second by Goerlitz to approve the bid for tree service in the amount of $620.00. Yes: All, Np: None, Absent: Wray, Bruns. Nebraska Digging agreed to split work and will talk next week. Clark Enersen redid concrete for around gazebo to about 1/3 original scope, took most of driveway to crushed rock. Gregoire is going to get new concrete estimate for new plans. Gregoire applied for grant for concrete project. Also found out that crushed rock can be used and still be ADA compliant if concrete not possible. She is still waiting on bids for the water hydrant project.
2. Motion to approve No Parking Resolution (number 08072019) by Kicak, second by Goerlitz. Yes: All, No: None, Absent: Wray, Bruns, Approved 3-0
3. Town clean-up day was tabled for next meeting, when full board can be present.
4. Board Okayed Kristen’s time off from August 14-16.
5. Ed’s evaluation was tabled until next meeting.
6. Hourly rate for Greenwood clerk decided to be $21.00/hr. Motion by Kicak, second Goerlitz. Yes: All, No: None, Absent: Wray, Bruns.
7. Budget will take about 18 hours to complete
8. Nunez dog/cat licenses was tabled until next meeting
9. Lower Platte South Hazard Mitigation Plan meeting on September 5 at 6:30 pm, was decided that Bruns will attend.
10. Municipal Annual Certification of Program Compliance was tabled until next meeting.
11. Dog complaint came in for 516 W E St. Compliant was unclear about if dog left property, dog responded to call back and no one was injured. Clerk to send letter telling owner that dog must be maintained in yard at all times.
1. Property tax funds Rutalkn and new development. Clerk discussed with TIFF lawyer and a certification of costs is needed Lou Allgayer was to tell Ryan Andersen to come speak with clerk regarding this issue.
2. Only one bid for the office door came in. Motion to approve bid from Drake & Sons Construction for $450.00 for door work into the main office by Kicak, second Goerlitz, Yes: All, No: None, Absent: Wray, Bruns
3. Letter for 208 E D St is still being worked on
4. Olsson about B St is still being worked on
5. Survey to community regarding trash service: Clerk will come up with online survey to place on next water bill to gage community feelings towards moving to one trash service for entire town
6. Fence resolution was tabled until next meeting
Reports of Boards, Commissions, and Committees
Library Motion to approve A/P report by Kicak, second Goerlitz. Yes: All, No: none, Absent: Wray, Bruns. Park Trees were trimmed in park Streets Patching to be at the end of the month by Heine Construction. Water #3 pump down, thinks is pressure switch and ordered one. Lead and Copper samples taken in. Tower inspection to be done. Sewer DMR’s submitted and good, start 24hr composite next week, sewer clean out at the end of August. Planning/Zoning None Public Comment Period: None Personnel: Clerk to get costs for replacing Ed: Grade 2 sewer, Grade 3 water. Clerk to call about tax service.
Future Agenda Items Kruger Fence permit
Adjournment: There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:53 p.m. I, the undersigned Clerk/Treasurer hereby certify the foregoing is a summary of all matters discussed at the August 7, 2019 meeting of the Board of Trustees, and was available to the public within ten working days. All proceedings were contained in the agenda for at least twenty-four hours prior to said meeting.
Miki Bruns, Chairperson
Kristen Janssen, Village Clerk