Village of Elmwood
Board of Trustees Regular Meeting
June 19, 2019
The Village of Elmwood Board of Trustees met in Regular Session on Wednesday, June 19, 2019 at the Elmwood Village Hall. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 pm. Chairperson Bruns stated that a current copy of the Nebraska Open Meetings Act was posted; additional meeting documents were available. Roll Call was answered by David Ernst, Becky Kicak, Miki Bruns, Pat Wray, and Katy Goerlitz. All signed the “Notice of Acknowledgement of Meeting”. A copy of the proof of publication, as well as the Chairperson and Trustees’ acknowledgement of receipt of notice, are on file. Notice of the meeting was given, in advance, thereof by posting in three (3) public places (the Post Office, Village Office, and Elmwood Convenience Store). Minutes were taken by Kristen Janssen, Clerk.
Approval of May 15 and June 2, 2019 Minutes motion to approve by Kicak, second Wray.
RCV: Yes: Ernst, Wray, Goerlitz, Bruns, and Kiack; No: None; Abstained: None Motion was approved 5-0. May 1, 2019 minutes moved to next meeting.
Approval of Claims Motion to approve bills to be paid and payroll in the amounts presented by Wray, Second Kicak. RCV Yes: Goerlitz, Wray, Kiack, Bruns; No: None; Abstain: Ernst; Motion approved 4-0. Motion to approve library matching funds grant check by Goerlitz; Second Kiack. RCV Yes: Goerlitz, Kicak, Bruns, Ernst, Wray; No: None; Abstain: None. Motion approved 5-0.
1. Motion to approve Miki Bruns building permit by Ernst, Second Kicak. RCV Yes: Ernst, Kiack, Wray, Goerlitz; No: None; Abstain: Bruns. Approved 4-0
2. Motion to approve Gale Maberry Fence permit by Wray, Second Kiack. RCV Yes: Ernst, Kicak, Wray, Goerlitz, Bruns; No: None; Abstain: None. Approved 5-0.
3. Mike Kruger fence permit was denied at this time
4. Motion to approve Birk Baker building permit for driveway by Wray, Second Goerlitz. RCV Yes: Wray, Goerlitz, Bruns, Ernst, Kicak; No: None; Abstain: None; Approved 5-0.
5. Chicken permits do not need approval by board, just clerk
6. Unpermitted concrete pad on 321 N 1st St. Clerk to mail building permit with letter requesting measurements and building permit fee within 30 days or must present in front of the board – Tabled
7. Office Personnel: Attorney advised bringing in another clerk to train new clerk; proposed to board for regular clerk to take a leave of absence to get well. Motion to approve interim clerk at a rate not to exceed $25/hr by Wray, Second Kiack. RCV Yes: Wray, Goerlitz, Bruns, Ernst, Kiack; No: None; Abstain: None; Approved 5-0.
1. Trash Service: Clerk to contact other towns to see what they offer
2. Parking resolution for McNaught property side street: Disbanded
3. Letter for 208 E D St: Clerk to send certified letter to owner to allow access to property –tabled
4. JEO regarding B Street: Tabled – Ed going to get information
5. JEO planning/Zoning Book changes – Tabled
6. Wood chips and rubber mats: Ed going to get rubber mats, clerk to order wood chips
Reports of Boards, Commissions, and Committees
Library didn’t have minutes to approve; Park Marie Gregorie presented Request of Bids: Contractors for Tree Service, Earth Work, Pavement, Retaining Wall, Electrical and Water Hydrant. Edits are needed before Friday. Motion to approve the release of bids by Kiack, Second Ernst. RCV Yes: Ernst, Wray, Kiack, Bruns, Goerlitz; No: None; Abstain: None; Approved 5-0. Streets Cleaned ditch on West D St, tree removal needed on Bucker property Water leak at 312 E C St on Village side, but water line to house leaking – until fixed water is turned off to the property. Coliform 0:0 Sewer 24 hr composite taken and was taken to Omaha
Planning/Zoning next meeting to be held Thursday, June 27th at 6:30 pm
Public Comment Period Ed Blunt (104 Railroad) presented information about Cass County road to recovery who is looking for volunteers for a committee for long term recovery.
Future Agenda Items July 3rd meeting to be continued to July 17th. Motion by Goerlitz, Second Kiack. RCV Yes: Wray, Goerlitz, Kiack, Bruns; No: Ernst; Abstain: None. Approved 4-0.
Adjournment: There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:28 p.m. I, the undersigned Clerk/Treasurer hereby certify the foregoing is a summary of all matters discussed at the June 19, 2019 meeting of the Board of Trustees, and was available to the public within ten working days. All proceedings were contained in the agenda for at least twenty-four hours prior to said meeting.
Miki Bruns, Chairperson
Kristen Janssen, Village Clerk