VILLAGE OF ELMWOOD
Board of Trustees Regular Meeting
May 15, 2019
The Village of Elmwood Board of Trustees met in Regular Session on Wednesday, May 15, 2019 at the Elmwood Village Hall. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. Chairperson Bruns stated that a current copy of the Nebraska Open Meetings Act was posted; additional meeting documents were available. Roll Call was answered by David Ernst, Becky Kicak, Miki Bruns, Pat Wray, and Kathy Goerlitz. All signed the “Notice of Acknowledgement of Meeting”. A copy of the proof of publication, as well as the Chairperson and Trustees’ acknowledgement of receipt of notice, are on file. Notice of the meeting was given in advance thereof by posting in three (3) public places (the Post Office, Village Office, and Elmwood Convenience Store). Minutes were taken by Connie Carlton, Clerk/Treasurer.
Approval of May 3, 2019 Minutes: Was moved to next meeting.
Approval of Claims for Payment:
New Business: 1. Building permit at 1319 286th St for Troy and Stephanie Gubser. Wray gave a motion to approve, Goerlitz seconds. Received Ernst, Kicak, Goerlitz, Bruns, and Wray. Approved 5-0
2. Fence permit at 112 N 1st St for Tony and Alicia Greise was moved to next meeting
3. Part time help – applications will be reviewed
4. Section 6-303 regarding sidewalks. Wray motion to approve, Goerlitz seconds.
5. Motion to refund $15 to John Furgerson. Received: All, approved 5-0
1. Car show resolution No. 05152019—Ulmer Const. 4-0, Wray Abstain
2. Nuisance Property at 208 E E St – Jean Reinke: Certified letter to J. Reinke allowing entry into her house
3. Parking on Main street in front of Nuisance buildings – concrete barricades
REPORTS OF BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND COMMITTEES:
Library: Wray motion to approve A/P report, Goerlitz 2nd, 5-0 approval Street: Filled holes with rock Park: Marie Gregorie recommends chipping of trail at this time Water: Number 6 well down for a few days; transformer filled with dirt from ants Sewer: UV lights are in Planning/Zoning: No Report.
Public Comment Period: Eugenia B spoke
Personnel: PT Office help – Committee to look at Ernst and Kicak
Future Agenda Items: May 1 minutes, Add Offner permit
Page 2 - March 20th Minutes Cont.
Adjournment: There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:22 p.m. I, the undersigned Clerk/Treasurer hereby certify the foregoing is a summary of all matters discussed at the May 15, 2019 meeting of the Board of Trustees, and was available to the public within ten working days. All proceedings were contained in the agenda for at least twenty-four hours prior to said meeting.
Miki Bruns, Chairperson
Connie Carlton, Village Clerk