VILLAGE OF ELMWOOD
Board of Trustees Regular Meeting
April 17, 2019
The Village of Elmwood Board of Trustees met in Regular Session on Wednesday, April 17, 2019 at the Elmwood Village Hall. The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. Chairperson Bruns stated that a current copy of the Nebraska Open Meetings Act was posted; additional meeting documents were available. Roll Call was answered by Kathy Goerlitz, David Ernst, Pat Wray, Miki Bruns, and Rebecca Kicak. All signed the “Notice of Acknowledgement of Meeting”. A copy of the proof of publication, as well as the Chairperson and Trustees’ acknowledgement of receipt of notice, are on file. Notice of the meeting was given in advance thereof by posting in three (3) public places (the Post Office, Village Office, and Elmwood Convenience Store). Minutes were taken by Rebecca Kicak/Board Member.
Approval of Minutes: Motion by Wray with second by Ernst to approve the minutes, as presented, of the April 3rd, 2019 meeting. RCV: Yes: Bruns, Goerlitz, Ernst, Kicak, Wray; No: None; Motion approved 5-0.
Approval of Minutes: Motion by Goerlitz with second by Kicak to approve the minutes, as presented, of the April 9th, 2019 Special meeting. RCV: Yes: Bruns, Goerlitz, Ernst, Kicak; No: None; Abstain: Wray; Motion approved 4-0
Approval of Claims for Payment: None
1. Hammons Building Fence: A motion was made for Ed to put up new “Do Not Enter Tape” around the front of the property and snow fencing in the rear. It was discussed to keep tabs on expenses. He will put up T-Posts and more fencing in rear to secure the dangerous hole. Incurred charges will be billed back to the property owner. Motion was made by Wray with second by Goerlitz. RCV: Yes: Bruns, Goerlitz, Ernst, Kicak, Wray; No: None; Motion approved 5-0.
1. Ulmer Construction Auto Show Resolution – Tabled
2. Planning/Zoning Permit Process: After a discussion and review of our Village ordinance, a motion was made to Modify Ed’s job duties to include approval of permits, setbacks, easements etc. Mike Jensen will be the Village Building Inspector. Motion by Kicak with a second by Wray. RCV: Yes: Bruns, Goerlitzz, Ernst, Kicak, Wray; No: None; Motion Approved 5-0.
3. Unite Private Networks Conditional Use Permit: Tabled
4. Appointment of Health Board Personnel: Tabled
5. Appointment of Building Inspector – Appointment of Mike Jensen; Motion was made with the resolution of Planning/Zoning Permit Process.
Page 2 April 17, 2019 Minutes Cont.
REPORTS OF BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND COMMITTEES:
Library: A motion was made to approve Heather Bornemier a Sustitute Librarian @ $9.00 per hour. Motion by Wray with a second by Ernst. RCV: Yes: Ernst, Goerlitz, Kicak, Bruns, Wray; No: None; Motion approved 5-0. The Library Board has received $3400 in grants covering all of the Summer Reading program activities. The Library Furnace is original from 1991 and has been having problems, parts are becoming hard to find. Library will be getting bids on a new furnace and AC Unit.
Park: Easter Egg Hunt in the Park.
Water: No Issues
Sewer: No Issues
Public Comment Period:
1. Lou Allgayer likes that we are correcting the permit approval policy.
Personnel: PT Summer Help – Two applications were received. Applications were reviewed by the board. A motion by Wray with a second by Goerlitz to hire Hayden Ernst and have him start work immediately. RCV: Yes: Goerlitz, Kicak, Bruns, Wray; No: None; Abstain: Ernst; Motion approved 4-0.
Closed Session: Cancelled
Future Agenda Items:
Auto Show Resolution
PT Office Help
Adjournment: There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 7:58 p.m. I, Rebecca Kicak, the undersigned hereby certify the foregoing is a summary of all matters discussed at the April 17, 2019 meeting of the Board of Trustees, and was available to the public within ten working days. All proceedings were contained in the agenda for at least twenty-four hours prior to said meeting.
Miki Bruns, Chairperson
Rebecca Kicak, Board Member