ElmwoodNE Banner

VILLAGE OF ELMWOOD

BOARD OF TRUSTEES

August 5, 2020 – 7:00 PM

REGULAR BOARD MEETING MINUTES

Meeting Held at Elmwood Village Hall

 

The Village Board of Trustees met in regular session on Wednesday, August 5, 2020. Chairperson Miki Bruns called the meeting to order at 7:00pm. Bruns stated that a current copy of the Nebraska Open Meetings Act was posted. Roll Call was answered by Pat Wray, Angela Lancaster, David Ernst, Miki Bruns. Absent: Becky Kicak

Ernst made a motion, seconded by Wray to approve the July 15, 2020 minutes. RCV: Yes: All. Motion approved 4-0.

Wray made a motion to approve July27 – Aug 4th Claims and July 1, 22 & August 2nd Payroll, seconded by Ernst. Claims: ADP $180.25, BOK Financial $750.00, Water Reimbursements $48.93, Bromm Lindahl Freeman – Caddy & Lausterer $145.00, Cass County Refuse $65.00,Consolidated Water Solutions $131.82, Ed Blunt $32.48, Grainger $473.47, Hydro Optimization & Automation Solutions $120.00, Iowa Pump Works $4,708.11, JEO Consulting Group Inc. $8,886.00, League of Municipalities $1,447.00, Menards $329.84, NE Dept. Health Environmental Lab $219.00, Nebraska Digging Services $850.00, Nebraska Generator Service LLC. $1,082.06, OPPD $3,254.83, U.S. Postal Services $230.00, Windstream $143.94, Payroll $8,839.60               RCV: Yes: All. Motion approved 4-0.

New Business

Discussion/Action City office rental                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Tabled –Bruns has had inquires but we need to get more information on rental cost                                                                                                                                                Discussion/Action Window lettering at new location                                                                                                                                                                                   

Bruns said the window decal should just say City Hall because the hours are always changing. The Council agreed.                                                             

Discussion/Action Pay for the flyer helpers during water main break                                                                                                                                                           

The council decided the pay should be minimum wage so $9.00/hr. Wray made a motion second by Ernst to approve the pay. RCV: Yes: All.                                             

Motion approved 4-0                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Discussion/Action Late charges for water being waived for Serena Romero                                                                                                                                             

Lenz presented the issue and why Romero thought the late fee should be waived and after discussion it was decided by the board to not waive the late fees.                         

Discussion on upcoming meeting location                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Bruns stated that August 19th and September 2nd meeting will be held at current location and September 16th and on will be at the new building. Lenz to check into the progress of the Handicap entrance at the new building.                                                                                                                                                               

Discussion/Action Maintenance Supervisor Job                                                                                                                                                                                           

Bruns asked the board members if they wanted to hold a Special Meeting to get someone hired and started sooner than the next board meeting. Ernst said the right way to handle this issue is to check with the applicant’s schedule and then to consider the Special Meeting. Bruns thanked Curt for everything he has done for the town and she has never had any complaints of his work.                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Unfinished Business                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Discussion Street Project                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Bruns let the board know that we have gotten several complaints regarding the street project and she relayed those complaints to Scott Hrabik with JEO. Hrabik will be contacting those people to address their concerns. Hrabik will also be contacting the NRD to see if they can change the curb to flow into the NRD’s easement on East E St. Bruns stated the rain has slowed the project down. Curt mentioned that the alley located behind Furgerson’s house needed to be rocked because the rain made it too muddy for them to get to their house.                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Discussion/Action on bids for the 1994 pump replacement/repairs                                                                                                                                                           

Table - Need bids                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Discussion/ Action Wellness Committee Proposal                                                                                                                                                                                          

Tabled – No new updates                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Discussion Bids for Curt Poole’s house tree removal\trimming                                                                                                                                                                    

Curt will get bids for the work to be done this fall.                                                                                                                                                                                          

Reports of Boards, Commissions, and Committees                                                                                                                                                                                 

Library: None                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Park: Complaints about hornets on the little purple slide. Curt let the board know that he closed the park bathrooms because someone smeared mud all over the bathrooms. Lancaster brought up that Nicole Hoffman contacted her asking if the Village would consider covering half of the water fountain cost. Bruns stated Hoffman would need to contact Julie Anderson with that proposal.                                                                                                                                                                                                     

Streets: The street project is stringing out the streets to start pouring concrete next week.                                                                                                                           

Water: Curt had to order and install a new chlorine tablet holder, so levels are now to normal. Had to have work done on South 4th Street to replace the curb stop and valve. Yellow water was reported by residents in that area after work was completed. Curt flushed the hydrant in that area and issue was resolved.  Blunt stated that in case anyone asked about the generator at the water tower that Emergency Management put it there to run their communication disks located on top of the water tower.  Bruns asked Blunt about the Siren working and Blunt is looking into the issue because we are without a siren now. ***Water Bill Clarification*** Bills are due by the 15th of the month and if they are not turned in or in the drop box by 8am on the following office day then they are considered late even if you backdate the check. Any water/sewer bills received after the due date will be charged with a late fee.                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Sewer: New pump is here and just needs installed.                                                                                                                                                                               

Planning/Zoning: Winters stated they want to have a meeting with JEO on reviewing their work.                                                                                                                 

Public Comment: Beth & David Philson – 321 West E St., had concerns over the new curb being put in on the street project in front of their house. Mike Winter – 210 South 2nd, had questions regarding B street completion in the ditch area of their driveway.                                                                                                                    

Correspondence: Nothing to report                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

 Future Agenda Items:                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

New Office Lease                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Street Project                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              1994 Pump at water Plant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Wellness Committee                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Meeting adjourned at 8:05pm.

8-5-2020 Official Minutes

Elmwood Mobile

Type in your mobile number in the field below and click "Subscribe" to get newsletter link delivered direct to your phone ea Wed at 1:30pm.

STD SMS & Data Rates apply which means if you currently pay for TEXT messages you send: these that you send to 72727 will also count as TEXT messages. If like most folks you have unlimited Text's you will not see any additional cost for anything. You will probably receive up to 5 addtl. weekly Newsletter msg per month. Anytime you change your mind just reply STOP to 72727 and you will immediately be unsubscribed. No matter what you will still receive the good old Email version of the Newsletter.

Omaha Estate Planning Charles E. Dorwart legal