VILLAGE OF ELMWOOD
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
January 22, 2020 – 7:00pm
REGULAR BOARD MEETING
Meeting Held at Elmwood Village Hall
The regular meeting of the Village of Board of Trustees was Called to Order at 7:00pm. Chairperson stated that a current copy of the Nebraska Open Meetings Act was posted. All signed the Notice of Acknowledgement of Meeting. Roll Call was answered by Angela Lancaster, Becky Kicak, Pat Wray David Ernst, and Miki. Kicak made a motion, seconded by Lancaster, to approve the January 8th minutes. RCV: Yes: All. Motion approved 5-0. Wray made a motion, seconded by Lancaster, to approve the Claims and Payroll for January 22, 2020. RCV: Yes: All. Motion approved 5-0. Claims: ADP, LLC: $291.78, Black Hills Energy: $376.72, Bromm LIndahl Freeman-Caddy & Lausterer: $261.00, Darlene Middleton: $100.00, Gordon Electric: $75.00, Gordon Electric: $423.00, JEO Consulting Group: $13920.00, Keep Cass County Beautiful: $100.00, Michael Todd & Company, INC: $234.40, Nebraska Department of Labor: $1048.76, Office Depot: $137.66, US Postal Service: $13.04, Verizon Wireless: $56.03. Payroll: $1979.41.
- Brad Slaughter with Piper Jaffery was present to discuss refinancing the sewer plant loan. He filled in the board members who were absent from the last board meeting what the refinance would look like. Ernst introduced resolution number 22012020 and moved its adoption. Kicak seconded the motion. RCV: Yes: All. Motion approved 5-0. Kicak introduced Ordinance No. 22-2020 and moved that required readings on three different days be suspended. Wray seconded the motion. RCV: Yes: All. Motion approved 5-0. Kicak made a motion, seconded by Wray, to adopt Ordinance No. 22-2020. RCV: Yes: All. Motion approved 5-0.
- It was decided that the job posting for the Clerk position would be open until January 31st and that it would be revisited at the February 5th
- Ed Blunt presented his request for pay for on call and yearly amounts to remain the main operator on the license until Curtis can obtain his license. He was requesting $25.00/hr when he is called, and $30,000/year to remain the main operator. Wray made a motion, seconded by Kicak, to approve the proposed wages for Ed Blunt when his part time hours start. RCV: Yes: All. Motion approved 5-0.
- Dawn Romine was present to discuss an HGTV show that is to revamp the main street. She noted that the show isn’t free labor, that the town would still have to provide labor. The town would have to go through the approval process and the application is due February 7th. Dawn was to submit a video before the deadline.
- Wray estimated the cost to remove the community center tree stump to be $150, but she couldn’t make to the Community Center meeting. The issue got tabled until the next meeting.
- There was nothing to report on the Christensen Tree bid. Tabled until next meeting.
- There was nothing to report on Anytime Tree Service’s proof of insurance. Tabled until next meeting.
Reports of Boards, Commissions, and Committees
Library: Nothing to report
Streets: Ed Blunt reported that the streets were slick, slushy and snowy. The tractor had a flat tire on Monday. He had to order more rock chips and ice melt. Ed was asked to remove slush but stated that if he removes too much it will lead to big ice chunks and that he isn’t able to move the slush very well with the truck.
Park: Carae Olhlerking emailed Becky and Miki about a community service project their 4-H group wanted to do. It was decided the board would come up with some projects closer to the date.
Water: Blunt stated that there as a broken main, but it was already fixed. The hole would be fixed in the spring.
Sewer: Blunt stated that there was a plug in the main on C and Railroad Streets and that a football was found in there. The electrician completed the work on the skimmer.
Planning/Zoning: Next meeting scheduled for 1/28/2020 at 7:00pm
Correspondence: Miki stated she had been in contact with Curtis and that he was signed up for a wastewater class on July 17th.
Public Comment Period: None
Personnel: Nothing to report
Future Agenda Items: Tree bids, insurance prices for gazebo, January 27th Webinar, Census bureau report, clerk position.
Without any further business the meeting was Adjourned at 8:27 pm. Minutes were taken by Kristen Janssen, Village Clerk/Treasurer.