ElmwoodNE Banner



June 2, 2021 – 7:00 PM


Meeting Held at Elmwood Village Hall

The Village Board of Trustees met in regular session on Wednesday, June 2, 2021. Chairperson Miki Bruns called the meeting to order at 7:01pm. Bruns stated that a current copy of the Nebraska Open Meetings Act was posted.

Roll Call was answered by Pat Wray, Renee Holland, Jared Blunt & Miki Bruns. Present at 7:04pm Becky Kicak.

Minutes: Holland made a motion, seconded by Blunt to approve May 19,2021 Minutes. RCV: Yes: All approved 5-0.

Jeff Clymer was addressed by Bruns that his overtime is not acceptable unless it’s an absolute emergency and it needs to be approved by Bruns or Blunt beforehand. Bruns told Jeff that if overtime continues without approval there will be disciplinary actions taken and recorded in his file. 

Wray made a motion, seconded by Holland to approve the Claims and Payroll for June 1,2021 RCV: Yes: All approved 5-0

Claims: Cass County Refuse $65, Elmwood Public Library $2,333.33, IRS $768.04, Intuit QuickBooks $5.25, Lincoln Journal Star $86.34, Meeske Auto Parts $72.75, Menards $52.91, NE Public Health Lab $46.00, NE Dept. of Revenue $1,651.98, OPPD $3,175.26, Randy Voss $130.00, Windstream $202.24, Payroll $3,536.50 RCV: Yes: All approved 5-0

New Business

Discussion/Action Resolution No. 06022021 – Ulmer Construction car/bike show street closure                                                   

Kicak read Resolution No. 06022021                                                                                                                                                         

Kicak made a motion to approve Resolution No. 06022021 of the street closure, second by Wray. RCV: Yes: All approved 5-0                                                                                                                                                                                

Discussion/Action UP IN SMOKE                                                                                                                                                       

UP IN SMOKE contacted Bruns to see if they can move the firework stand to the Northeast corner of the park on June 6, 2021 because that is when they have someone to help them transport it to the park. The board discussed the matter and did not see anything wrong with them bringing the stand. Kicak made a motion to allow UP IN SMOKE to move their firework stand to the park on June 6th until July 4th, second by Holland.

RCV: Yes All approved 5-0                                                                                                                                                                                             

Discussion/Action 112 North 4th Street                                                                                                                                         

Tabled – Pending Attorney’s advice                                                                                                                                           

Unfinished Business                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Discussion/Action June 5,2021 Town Cleanup                                                                                                                                         

Bruns reminded the board members about volunteering for cleanup day this Saturday June 5, 2021 from 8am - noon and also told Clymer to make sure Gus can make it this Saturday to work.                                                         

Reports/Boards, Commissions, and Committees                                                                                                                                                      

Library: No Report                                                                                                                                                                             

Park: Wood chips were delivered yesterday, and the Geo dome was moved up to the ball fields. Merry go round is broke and Jeff taped it off so that kids are not playing on it. Board members decided that the Merry go round is old and the broken part cannot be fixed since it is rusting out. Board members agreed that it needs to be removed from the park. Jeff will look at it and see if he can cut the pipe off to remove it and if he cannot Jeff will report to Holland if it needs to be torched off.                                                                                                                                                 

Streets: Jeff graded 5.5 blocks of alleyways that needed rock. Bruns asked Jeff about the stop signs on B street and Jeff is waiting to hear back from 811 to give him the ok to install the stop sign posts.                                                                             

Water: Jeff has been installing new meters and will continue to upgrade the old meters. Moriah added a note on the water bills for everyone to expect to be getting a letter in the next couple weeks for licensing their cats/dogs with the Village.                                                                                                                                                                                      

Sewer: Motor board has been replaced and everything is running great.                                                                                                                                                   

Planning/Zoning: Next Meeting is June 15, 2021 @ 7:00pm                                                                                                                                         

Public Comment:                                                                                                                                                                                               


Future Agenda Items:                                                                                                                                                                                               

Comprehensive plan Ordinance                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Zoning Ordinance                                                                                                                                                                                                                    

Sub-Division Ordinance                                                                                                                                                                                                      

112 N 4th Street                                                                                                                                                                       

Meeting adjourned at 7:33pm

6-2-2021 Official Minutes

Elmwood Mobile

Type in your mobile number in the field below and click "Subscribe" to get newsletter link delivered direct to your phone ea Wed at 1:30pm.

STD SMS & Data Rates apply which means if you currently pay for TEXT messages you send: these that you send to 72727 will also count as TEXT messages. If like most folks you have unlimited Text's you will not see any additional cost for anything. You will probably receive up to 5 addtl. weekly Newsletter msg per month. Anytime you change your mind just reply STOP to 72727 and you will immediately be unsubscribed. No matter what you will still receive the good old Email version of the Newsletter.

Omaha Estate Planning Charles E. Dorwart legal